Role: Graduate Account Executive (PR and marketing entry-level role)
Type: Full time / Permanent
Division: Tamarindo Communications
Reporting to: Junior Account Manager/ Account Manager
Location: Oxford Office – Hybrid working (approx. 3 days in office – 2 days WFH if desired). Additional flexible requirements can be considered.
mission is to accelerate the global adoption of renewable energy and clean technology through better communications and stronger networks.
We do this by giving industry players, from established leaders to fast-growth pioneers, both voice and stage.
We are specialists, with a global outlook, and a network of contacts that spans the entire sector. We have outlined what these three elements really mean to us and to our growing client base at www.tamarindogroup.com.
Our aim is to become the long-term communications and marketing partner for current and future renewable energy and clean technology leaders.
Our people are driven by being on the right side of history in the race to decarbonise. We believe emphatically that supporting the sector with better communications and stronger networks will accelerate this end.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Graduate Account Executive - Role Overview
Renewable energy and clean tech industries are growing rapidly, and we’re growing with them. As we expand our team, we are looking for ambitious and passionate people to join, who want to help us in our mission to accelerate the global adoption of renewable energy and clean technology through better communications and stronger networks.
The role is an entry-level, permanent, full-time position with Tamarindo Communications, which is part of Tamarindo Group. It is suitable for university graduates as well as those with 1-2 years relevant previous industry experience.
Through a combination of on-the-job training and mentoring successful candidates will have the opportunity to work directly on communications campaigns, build relationships with clients, drive vital awareness for renewable energy and clean technology businesses and play a critical role in everyday account management. In turn, candidates will have the opportunity to develop their core commercial skills and knowledge in public relations, marketing, and consultancy best practice, increase their knowledge of the industries at the forefront of political, environmental, and social change, and benefit from the mentorship of a line manager and the wider Tamarindo team.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily liaison with colleagues, clients, and the press, demonstrating strong relationship building, networking and management skills
- An awareness and understanding of client communications campaigns and supporting the activation of these campaigns
- Active management of client events, to include the assistance in developing agendas, finalising speakers, event synopses and themes and attendees
- Preparation and delivery of client activity reports, WIPs, contact reports, meeting notes and additional administrative tasks to ensure the smooth daily running of client accounts
- Regular, ongoing collation, analysis and review of media and editorial coverage
- Develop a strong awareness of the media agenda in relation to renewable energy, clean technology and relevant adjacent industries through regular media monitoring and reading across a variety of channels including national and trade media, broadcast, newswires, podcasts, and social media.
- Begin building relationships with key journalists and editors – telephoning and meeting with contacts, rather than relying on email alone
- Support proactive media relations for clients including engagement with key journalists to discuss client news stories and commercial developments to drive interview, article submission and coverage opportunities (known as selling in.)
- Manage distribution of client press content including research and preparation for press lists, keeping press lists up to date and follow ups
- Ability to use digital channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Response Source, Vuelio to successfully target media and obtain PR opportunities
- Secure regular coverage for your clients in trade media in line with account KPIs
- Research, develop and draft client copy and written collateral including press releases, contributed articles, blogs and social media content, working in conjunction with all members of the PR team
- Ensure content is crafted to a strong standard with strong attention to factual and grammatical accuracy
- Support the retention and growth of client accounts and the expansion of project work through intelligent, proactive, and timely account management and client relations
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Keen interest in renewable energy and clean technology sectors
- Demonstrable interest in the media and current affairs
- Knowledge of PR, marketing, and brand communication techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strength in thinking creatively and presenting original ideals
- Demonstratable ability to build strong relationships and inspire trust in a corporate/ academic/ work setting
- Transparent, reliable, and professional approach
- Ability to use initiative and proactivity to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a wider team
- Dedicated to help our teams, the business and our clients succeed
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage projects to deadline
- Strong IT competency
- 25 days holiday/ year + bank holidays
- ‘All team’ time off over Christmas in addition to holiday allowance
- Opportunities for international travel
- Fortnightly focus sessions to support learning and development
- Individual training allowance
- Access to global renewable energy event, Financing Wind, and insights from the editorial team of A Word About Wind and Energy Storage Report
Application deadline: Friday 30th