The role of Senior Account Director works closely with the Senior Management Team, reports directly to the Board and is focused primarily on the growth of Tamarindo Communications’ client base.
Overseeing an established client portfolio, the role is best suited to an individual with 7+ years of PR agency experience. The right candidate will have worked on a wide range of client accounts, from start-ups to major corporate businesses and brands and will possess a clear view on how to develop and build client relationships over a sustained period.
With a strong media interest, a create flair and a clear commercial acumen, we are looking for an individual who wants to dive deeper into the international renewable energy markets and in the process, work directly with the senior management team to continue to develop and build out this fast-growth, £1m+ PR agency business.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Take responsibility for the strategic direction and delivery of key retained and project based client accounts
- Develop and nurture Tamarindo Communications clients, from their initial onboarding, throughout their client lifecycle, to build trust within their teams
- Work closely with our account teams – Account Director, down – to enable them to develop and deliver proactive PR and communication strategies that deliver against agreed key client performance indicators and metrics
- Establish, develop and oversee the creation of effective client reporting strategies that are implemented and used by the team, reporting back to you, and to clients
- Use these reports to communicate client service delivery key performance metrics back to the Client Services Director & Group MD, every month
2. Work with the marketing team to develop powerful outreach campaigns that drive qualified, prospective client engagement
- Work with the marketing team, alongside the Group MD and Client Services Director, to support, set and drive compelling campaigns, in line with the targeted marketing plan
- Support, where necessary, in the development and draft of proactive outbound new business marketing and communications activity, including client pitch work
- Capitalise on the established industry conference and events agenda, attending key events, representing the business and supporting marketing plans throughout
- Champion the effectiveness of the targeted marketing plan, raising awareness of it with the Tamarindo client account teams and with our existing client base
3. Work with the Client Services Director and Group MD to develop, pitch for and deliver, new business for the PR agency
- Work with Tamarindo Networks and Tamarindo Insight to unlock future Tamarindo Communications new client opportunities through regular liaison
- Work directly with the Client Services Director and Group MD to set and identify new targets and refine/ shape the service proposition that we present
- Work directly with the Client Services Director and Group MD to set and support in the delivery against new business development budgets and plans
- Champion enthusiasm for winning business throughout the client services delivery team – fostering an environment that encourages up-selling & growth
4. Work with everyone to instill a positive, commercially-focused culture in the team, promoting our mission & values
- Support and management of staff, at all levels, to instill a clear and proven interest and ability to work independently and as part of a wider account team
- Support the Client Services Director and Group MD in the development and implementation of individual and group team training and learning & development
- Ongoing engagement with the senior management team, to support them in the ability to drive new opportunities to benefit our retained client base
- Work closely with our account teams – Account Director, down – to enable effective management and accountability at a team and individual level
Key Skills & Attributes
- • Proven ability to drive lead and retain key client accounts
- • Proven ability to manage multiple client projects to deadline
- • Strong written and verbal communication
- • Excellent negotiating skills, confidence, and discretion
- • Logical and analytical – clear ability to read, respond and advise clients
- • A good knowledge of marketing, management, budgeting, and planning
- • Strong account management, project management and organisation skills
- • Excellent attention to detail and strong time management
- • Strong IT competency and clear interest in digital media
- • Ability to develop strong relationships with others
- • Flexibility and a willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally
Interest in renewable energy market is preferable but not essential.
Tamarindo Communications solves complex communications challenges that, if not addressed, present significant commercial challenges for fast growing and established firms.
Established in 2012, our passion, insight and focus have earned us a portfolio of trusted, long-term commercial relationships. The practice specialises in the global renewable energy and maritime sectors and is a part of The Tamarindo Group.
Tamarindo Group consists of three core offerings; Tamarindo Networks, our rapidly expanding events business; Tamarindo Communications, our specialist PR advisory business and; Tamarindo Insight, home to our editorial & analysis team who oversee our primary media brands – A Word About Wind and Energy Storage Report.
Tamarindo Communications is part of Tamarindo Group www.tamarindogroup.com. For more information about our agency offering, visit www.tamarindocomms.com.
Remuneration and benefits
At Tamarindo Communications we offer a competitive salary, 25 days pro rata annual leave and a good work life balance. Office hours are 9.00 until 5.30, with the ability for individuals to work remotely and from home if and when required.
Access to a competitive company pension scheme is available immediately. We're a young, enthusiastic and fast growing team located in the centre of Oxford.