Reporting to the senior management team, the primary objective of the Account Director role is the growth and retention of existing client accounts. The role will therefore require the candidate to strategically lead client accounts, whilst actively driving, inspiring and managing the account team to deliver the very best results.
Secondly, acknowledging the experience and seniority of the role, the candidate will also be required to lead additional functions including, but not limited to, staff resource allocation, reporting and line management. Additional activity will include development of company marketing collateral and new business development.
To deliver the above, a close working relationship will be necessary with both the Client Services Director and the Managing Director.
The right candidate will be an ambitious, self-starter who will be at home in a growing business. Specifically, such an individual should understand the changing dynamics that exist between marketing, strategic PR and communications, and new business development.
This is an active, client and media facing role in which the right candidate will take the lead on a number of strategic, growth accounts. Activity will be split between leading core client activity; setting client strategy, objectives and expectations, managing, motivating and leading the account team, and supporting the wider agency new business push. The candidate should have a track record of experience in managing a team, and importantly, be able to drive them to achieve monthly client KPIs.
Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring and formal instruction, candidates will continue to develop their core commercial and communications skills and experience and expertise as a senior consultant to the renewable energy industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Retain and grow key client accounts. Take responsibility for the strategic direction of accounts, but also demonstrate clear, hands-on leadership to guide their tactical delivery.
- Assume a clear leadership role with existing Tamarindo Communications clients. This should be reflected both client side, and with the internal team.
- Lead and support the account team to recognise and reinforce the benefit of delivering consistent, commercially-focused communications campaigns that deepen retained client relationships.
- Understand clients’ commercial objectives; establish client confidence in the agency and its abilities by demonstrating how it helps clients achieve their goals.
- Drive, inspire and lead the account team(s) to work on accounts with diligence and commitment. Manage their delivery with effective KPIs.
- Recognise and reinforce the strength of delivering a consistent, commercially-focused media relations campaign, to deepen retained client relationships. Teach this to the account team ensuring that the strategic benefit of this is understood.
- Work with the Client Services Director to generate and refine a board-level reporting and metrics programme for account team performance, implemented across the agency.
2. Work with the Group sales and marketing team to support the development of campaign creatives and content that drive qualified, prospective client engagement
- Work with the marketing team, alongside the Client Services Director, to help deliver compelling campaigns, in line with the targeted sales and marketing plan.
- Support, where necessary, in the development and draft of proactive outbound new business marketing and communications activity, including client pitch work
- Capitalise on the established industry conference and events agenda, attending key events, representing the business and supporting marketing plans throughout
- Work with sales and marketing to assist in the development and delivery of successful recruitment events and campaigns.
3. Work alongside the senior team to develop and deliver, qualified, new business opportunities for the business
- Pro-actively develop opportunities to upsell additional Tamarindo Communications’ services into existing accounts. Look to engender a similar culture down through the account teams.
- Work alongside the editorial and commercial A Word About Wind teams to pick up contacts and conversations presenting opportunities to cross-sell Tamarindo Communications.
- Work alongside the Client Services Director to draft and develop new client proposals that position the services of Tamarindo Communications as key to growth and develop of firms within the clean energy sector.
- Work alongside the senior team to refine and shape the service proposition that we present to existing clients and new prospects.
- Develop, and leverage for the agency, your own network of senior level contacts within the renewable energy industry.
4. Work with everyone to instill a positive, commercially-focused and diligent culture of client delivery in the team, playing to our mission and values
- Work with the Client Services Director and the Managing Director, to help shape, refine and evolve our Mission, Value and Purpose strategic document.
- Support and management of staff, at all levels, to instill a clear and proven interest and ability to work independently and as part of a wider account team
- Foster a sense of pride in the delivery of client work and activity.
- Work with the senior team to line- and performance- manage team members, identifying the need for specific support or training where necessary.
- Work closely with our account teams – Account Manager, down – to enable effective management and accountability at a team and individual level.
- Support and foster a learning culture at the agency, create opportunities for all staff to learn and develop new skills and understanding.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Excellent client handling and interpersonal skills
- Well developed strategic planning and creative PR skills
- Ability to set and drive media relations across multiple accounts.
- Strong proposal writing and campaign development/pitching skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to lead and manage projects, to deadline
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management
- Strong interest in all media formats and disciplines, especially digital
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others
- Experience in renewable energy preferable but not essential
Remuneration and benefits
At Tamarindo Communications we offer a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave and a good work life balance. Office hours are 9.00 until 5.30.
The flexibility to travel both within the UK and overseas is essential. Access to the company pension scheme is available after the first 12 months of employment. We're a young, enthusiastic and fast growing team located in the centre of Oxford and with an international client base.