An Account Manager with strong client-facing and media relations experience is needed to join our team based in the heart of Oxford. This is a rare opportunity for a candidate with excellent writing skills and a proactive, quality-focussed approach to client management to make a real impact on the development and delivery of crucial communication campaigns for high profile clients across the globe.
We are renowned for delivering campaigns that create real momentum and tangible results for clients within the international energy, maritime and financial services markets. Due to continued success we are now seeking an Account Manager or a Senior Account Executive (looking to take the next step up in their career) to join our passionate, collaborative and talented team.
At Tamarindo we enjoy an open and honest working environment where everyone is required to think on their feet and take a hands-on approach. We don’t just deliver adequate services for our clients but look to go above and beyond to become trusted advisors who make a commercial difference to the businesses we support.
Joining as an Account Manager you will be responsible for the development and successful delivery of high-profile PR and marketing campaigns, directly overseeing the development of impactful client communications and collateral (ranging from press releases to website copy).
Whether you are liaising with senior client personnel; managing the Account Executive’s and Senior Account Executive’s campaign activity; securing national coverage; discussing content and sharing ideas with clients; designing and implementing impactful events or engaging key stakeholders, it will be your ability to manage multiple projects to a high level of quality that ensures outstanding results for clients, and ultimate success in the role.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the day to day management and delivery of PR and marketing campaigns for your clients including building campaign planners and managing a pipeline of content
- Ensuring high-quality work is delivered to deadline and ensuring KPIs are met and/or exceeded, by the account team, every month
- Producing PR and marketing content for your clients including, but not exclusive to, press releases, white papers, industry reports, newsletters, social media posts and media pitches
- Securing regular coverage for your clients in national and trade press and supporting and advising SAEs and AEs to deliver media results across your clients
- Securing regular interviews for your clients in national and key trade media and ensuring the client is fully briefed and prepared to make the most of these opportunities
- Securing high profile speaker slots for clients at influential events and supporting the client on PR amplification around conferences and events (both owned and attending).
- Building strong relationships with clients at all levels and becoming a trusted advisor
- Effectively managing Senior Account Executive and Account Executive client and internal deliverables in a way that up-skills and empowers the account team
- Supporting the growth of your clients through intelligent upselling e.g. design briefs, extended scope agreements and by flagging larger opportunities to your line manager
- Supporting the growth of Tamarindo Group through cross-group/divisional upselling e.g. (owned media brands) media partnerships, memberships and event sponsorship.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- An Account Manager/ PR Account Manager / Communications Manager/ Senior Account Executive or equivalent with 4-5 years of experience (agency or in house)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong media relations skills and relationships with key national and trade press (across any industry)
- A proven record in landing coverage in national and key trade media for clients in print and digital media
- Solid experience of managing complex communication campaigns to deadline and delivering stand-out results for clients;
- Thorough knowledge of business-to-business (B2B) PR and communication techniques;
- An understanding of wider marketing, basic budgeting, and campaign planning;
- The ability to think on your feet and problem solve
- A good eye for a story, love of media and proactive approach that enables you to lead on creative content for clients
- Solid management experience and a collaborative, empathetic management style
- The ability to develop strong internal and external relationships gaining the trust of clients and a collaborative working relationship with your team
- Good negotiating skills and discretion;
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Flexibility and the willingness for occasional travel in normal times (UK and International).
At Tamarindo Group we are driven and guided by our values and we actively use these to recruit and manage and empower our team. At Tamarindo Group, we……
- … are DEDICATED to the sector we serve and believe we can help it succeed
- … are AMBITIOUS for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves
- … BALANCE tenacity and pride in our work with a life beyond the office
- …value INTEGRITY above all else, striving to earn and retain the trust of our customers and colleagues
- …celebrate ORIGINALITY by first listening to our customers and colleagues, understanding their perspectives, and then thinking for ourselves
An interest in renewable energy, maritime and financial services markets would be a bonus as would a Hubspot-certificate or training!
If you can write like a dream, live for pitching and are looking for a place where you’ll tackle big problems alongside some of the most dynamic and resourceful people you’ve ever worked, in a fantastic culture where you are encouraged to suggest ideas and get involved, then this might just be the role for you!