Tamarindo Group is a leading PR & Events business focused on the global renewable energy and clean technology’s market. Off the back of continued expansion a role has arisen at our Oxford HQ, for a talented delegate sales consultant for our global conference portfolio.
You will be responsible for the execution of B2B delegate sales campaigns for your assigned events, so the ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative and have the ability to successfully deliver against multiple projects throughout the year. With a confident and outgoing manner and with solid telephone skills, you will efficiently and effectively follow a plan to meet targets and ensure a great customer experience.
You are an ambitious yet sociable individual who wants to grow in a role alongside an energetic, entrepreneurial, and vibrant team within a fast growth, entrepreneurial business.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND CORE ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
Required Deliverables in the Role
- Conducting analysis of the target delegate landscape (including but not limited to: market research to ensure that you understand the dimensions of the stakeholder relationships relevant to your events, target market segmentation, identification of industry trends; and monitoring competitive events)
- Keeping up to date with industry publications relevant to the topic areas and audiences of your assigned conferences for developments and trends in the industry and to develop new opportunities
- Working with tour marketing team and database resources to help select and accurately target prospective delegate organisations, including helping to identify target lists based on how sales campaigns are going and to build and/or fill in the gaps
- Where/when relevant, attending the conference(s) with the objective of resigning and/or gaining commitment from current delegates/attending companies for individuals/groups to attend the following year’s event(s)
- Experience in B2B sales
- Experience in the use of databases in both mass and targeted sales campaigns
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Account management/account planning
- Customer-focused, with a consultative selling style, as well as transactional selling experience
- Sound commercial awareness, excellent organisational skills
- Highly motivated and proactive with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organisation
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, including: MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
Key Skills & Attributes
The right candidate will have a strong record of performance in sponsorship sales, meeting/exceeding targets and growing accounts year on year. They will also -
- Have at least five years B2B account management experience
- Have strong written and verbal communication
- Have a proven ability to manage projects to deadline
- Have a proven ability to manage a team
- Be knowledgeable of marketing and brand communication techniques
- Have experience using Hubspot and a strong digital competency
- Be confident in building and developing strong senior client relationships
- Offer strong account management, project management and organisation skills
- Have a good knowledge of marketing, management, budgeting, and planning
- Have flexibility and a willingness for international travel
- Offer up excellent negotiating skills, confidence, and discretion
- Have an interest in renewable energy, maritime, and financial services markets
At Tamarindo Group, we pride ourselves on being a focused, dynamic business that offers excellent training, mentoring, and a strong network of support. Training and development includes a mix of internal and external courses and a collaborative working is encouraged.
Our office hours are 9.00 – 5.30, Monday to Friday
Working outside of office hours is sometimes required but it is not encouraged.
Central Oxford, UK HQ. Having the ability and flexibility to travel overseas for business is essential.
Work-life balance is key. Incorporated in the UK and the US., with a global base.
Reward and remuneration
Highly competitive salary subject to experience.
Highly competitive commission programme, geared on a per event basis
25+ days annual leave
About Tamarindo Group
Tamarindo Group consists of three core divisional offerings, Tamarindo Networks, our rapidly expanding events business, Tamarindo Communications, our specialist PR advisory business and Tamarindo Insight, home to our editorial & analysis team who oversee our primary media brands – A Word About Wind and Energy Storage Report. Tamarindo Networks is part of The Tamarindo Group www.tamarindogroup.com. For event information, visit www.financingwind.com and www.windawards.com.