Role: Client Services Director
Reporting to: Managing Director
Following a period of sustained growth, we are looking for an experienced, analytical and client focused individual to take responsibility for driving all commercial sales, membership and new business, across the membership platform. This role includes external client facing and internal managerial responsibilities - and reports directly to the Board.
The right candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, with proven membership sales and international business development experience. The right candidate will be looking to join a fast growing business and gain a valuable insight into the changing dynamics that exist between renewable energy, finance and investment, and new business development.
The role of Client Services Director is best suited to a degree-educated individual with at least five years’ B2B account management experience, strong CRM analytics experience and exceptional attention to detail. The candidate will have previously managed teams.
Handling a wide variety of work necessary to grow membership in accordance with the strategic plan, you will be responsible for growing and retaining membership, as well as wider editorial engagement packages, assisting with the operations of the department and delivering against the wider, long-term commercial vision.
Having the aptitude to think on your feet is a must and the ability to work independently and as part of a much wider team is particularly encouraged.
Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring, and formal instruction, the individual will continue to develop their core commercial, sales and marketing skills in order to understand and implement best practice protocols. They will also coach and mentor their team, to help drive best practice and positively impact the bottom line.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for global sales & business development, driving a team to deliver the commercial plan, to include:
- Establish and deliver a robust membership retention & upgrade programme, driving recurring revenue, to include:
- Play a key role in business operations and in new services innovation and delivery, during the planning cycle, to include:
- Delivery of sales forecasts and financial growth, against the commercial plan
- Development and build out of core sales processes and systems, to enable and promote scalability of the membership through technological automation
- Development and build out of the sales and business development team, both in the UK and in the US, to include establishing a robust recruitment, training and retention programme for new sales personnel and future recruits
- Immersion in the global clean energy market and key sub-sectors, to enable good familiarity with our growing membership’s interests, aims and goals
- Attendance at key industry events alongside other members of the senior team, as appropriate, to build new relationships and find new opportunities
- Championing, and being seen by the sales team to champion, a regular focus on outbound calls and emails, to maintain retention and upgrade growth
- The establishment and build out of the client services membership team, encouraging and facilitating strong, effective, regular client engagement
- The establishment of a proactive and easy-to-manage membership feedback programme, to ensure we capture potential membership needs and demands
- The establishment of a strong working relationship with the Editorial Director, Managing Director and Operations Director, to drive membership service innovation, and upward membership fee pricing, as appropriate
- Promoting good practice in all aspects of data management, to include the likes of marketing lists, email addresses and the sales & membership database
- Work directly with the Finance Manager and Managing Director to drive down debtor rates, reduce payment times and establish strong financial systems throughout the international sales and business development unit
- Planning and strategic direction, working alongside the managing director, director of operations, and editor to shape the direction of the business
- Actively direct, support and oversee the effective management of all events
Key Skills & Attributes
- Educated to degree level
- Two to Five years’ B2B account management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to manage projects to deadline
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Knowledge of marketing and brand communication techniques
- Experience using Hubspot and a strong digital competency
- Ability to build and develop strong senior client relationships
- Strong account management, project management and organisation skills
- A good knowledge of marketing, management, budgeting, and planning
- Flexibility and a willingness for international travel
- Excellent negotiating skills, confidence, and discretion
- Interest in renewable energy, maritime, and financial services markets
At The Tamarindo Group, we pride ourselves on being a focused, dynamic business that offers excellent training, mentoring, and a strong network of support.
Training and development includes a mix of internal seminars and external courses and a collaborative working is encouraged.
Our office hours are 9.00 – 5.30
Working outside of office hours is sometimes required but it is not encouraged.
Having the ability and flexibility to travel overseas for business is essential.
Home working practices are encouraged and adopted. Work-life balance is key.
Reward and remuneration
Salary banding of £40-45k per annum depending on experience.
25+ days annual leave.
Closing date – 8th August 2018
A Word About Wind is part of The Tamarindo Group www.thetamarindgroup.com
For further information, visit - www.awordaboutwind.com.