Following a period of sustained growth, and as part of our ongoing graduate recruitment programme, we are looking for a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic individual to join our growing team.
The role is an entry-level position with Tamarindo Communications. It is suitable for those who have just, or recently graduated and have less than two years’ industry experience.
Through a combination of on-the-job training, mentoring, secondments and formal instruction, candidates will develop their core commercial, public relations and marketing skills and knowledge of consultancy best practice.
The candidate will carry out a range of client facing duties as well as agency supporting functions, as required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Daily liaison with colleagues, clients and the media, demonstrating strong relationship building, networking and management skills
• Daily media monitoring to include newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media and such like
• Research, development and draft of client copy and written collateral, working in conjunction with all members of the PR team
• Promotion and active editorial discussion of client news stories and commercial development to the media, known as “selling in”
• Active management of client events, to include the assistance in developing agendas, finalising speakers, event synopses and themes and attendees
• Coordination of editorial and client photography, where necessary
• Regular, ongoing collation, analysis and review of media and editorial coverage
• Proven interest and ability to work independently and as part of a wider account team
• Preparation and delivery of client activity reports, contact reports, meeting notes and such like to ensure the smooth daily running of client accounts
Key Skills & Attributes
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Proven ability to manage projects to deadline
• Knowledge of marketing and brand communication techniques
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong IT competency
• Strong interest in digital, print and broadcast media
• Demonstrable and proven interest in the media and current affairs
• Ability to develop strong professional relationships with others
• Interest in renewable energy, maritime and financial services markets preferable but not essential
Remuneration and benefits
At Tamarindo Communications we offer a competitive starting salary, 25 days annual leave and a good work life balance. Office hours are 9.00 until 5.30, with the ability for individuals to work remotely and from home if and when required.
The flexibility to travel both within the UK and overseas is essential. Access to the company pension scheme is available after the first 3 months of employment.
We're a young, enthusiastic and fast growing team located in the centre of Oxford.